curl-users

Re: config files

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:52:41 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 jbryce_at_nexl.com wrote:

> I am very new to curl so pardon any blantant ignorance on my part. I
> have integrated curl with big brother and it is working on a basic level.
> My question concerns .netrc and other config files for curl. If I want
> to have curl go out and test login pages and fill in templates what is
> the config file i would use ? Also what would be the form for multiple
> url's to be checked ?

I don't think I understand the question. I'll answer what I do understand!

Use -K (or the long version --config) to specify a config file to get a set
of options to curl from. In the config file, you specify whatever you want.
If you want to do a http post to fill in a form, it would be one or more -d
options.

You tell curl to parse and use .netrc by using -n.

If you want multiple URLs to be checked this way, you better make sure to
invoke curl multiple times by entering all the command lines in a script.