curl-users

7.9.2 solaris 2.5.1 compile (was Re: I am amazed...)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 14:17:35 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Götz Babin-Ebell wrote:

> I was not able to build it under solaris 2.5.1:
> 1. An include of sys/socket.h seems to require an include of sys/types.h

Where, more specificly, do that needs to be fixed?

> 2. socklen_t and in_addr_t are not known.
> so src/main.c and src/urlglob.c have to include ../config.h

No. The client code should not use the library's config.h file, it has its
own in src/config.h. Besides, the client code should not need socklen_t and
in_addr_t. Why do your compiler require them?

> I was working on my support for OpenSSL ENGINE, so I send my patch now...

Comments on the patch follows, as soon as I've studied it.

Thanks a lot!