curl-users

FW: Maintainers of CURL,..., Heads up! (from cygwin-apps ML)

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:35:07 -0500

See below for a note regarding updating the version of OpenSSL
distributed with cygwin. I grabbed her test copy to see whether or not
curl was compatible. I was able to successfully test a simply HTTPS
download, so I assume it more or less works. However, I get the
following back from curl --version:

  curl 7.9.2 (i686-pc-cygwin) libcurl 7.9.2 (OpenSSL 0.9.6b)

But I have OpenSSL 0.9.6c installed now.

I vaguely recall that this has been discussed before on the curl mailing
list, but I'm wondering whether it needs revisiting. Shouldn't the
version of OpenSSL displayed be pulled from my local computer (at
run-time as opposed to compile time)? If the code already IS supposed to
be pulling from the local machine, then either the version number
compiled into the cygwin build of OpenSSL 0.9.6c is wrong (I suppose
anything's possible), or it's not quite working...

--Kevin