curl-users

Upgrading cURL

From: Jonathan Hilgeman <JHilgeman_at_ecx.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:15:43 -0800

I wanted to upgrade cURL, but also preserve my current version as an
emergency backup if the upgrade does not go smoothly. My purpose in
upgrading cURL would be to eventually upgrade PHP to use the new version. I
am currently on a FreeBSD system, but I'd like to be able to have a set of
commands that renames files quickly in order to switch between versions. For
instance, if I'm on version 7.8.0 and wanted to upgrade to 7.9.2:

Current Files: (just making these up for the example)
libcurl.so (Version 7.8.0)
curl.h (Version 7.8.0)
libcurl.so.792 (Version 7.8.0)
curl.h.792 (Version 7.8.0)

Command to switch to 7.9.2:
mv libcurl.so libcurl.so.780
mv curl.h curl.h.780
mv libcurl.so.792 libcurl.so
mv curl.h.792 curl.h

Etc... Can I do this? What files are installed by cURL that I would need to
change?

- Jonathan