curl-users

Re: runtests.pl change

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:08:36 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:

> On Cygwin (don't know if this affects other systems), the test script's
> http server seems to fail randomly. None of the other servers seem to have
> this difficulty. I typically see about 4 of the tests (out of 72) fail,
> though it's never the same set of 4.

What kind of errors do you typically get? What output does the script report?
Do you usually get the same kind of errors?

Your example snippet returned 52 (no output from HTTP server) instead of 0.
Is that common?

The HTTP server is my (poor) attempt at writing a perl server. I know it
doesn't run properly everywhere, and this is likely because of my perl code.

While I appreciate your efforts and your patch, I really don't think that is
any good path to take, I think we should instead focus on getting a perl http
server that *works*. On pretty much all platforms.

One way to proceed with this would be if we could find one existing perl
server that works, and then make *that* work in our test suite.