curl-users

Re: runtests.pl change

From: Georg Horn <horn_at_koblenz-net.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:07:46 +0100

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 03:36:55PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Georg Horn wrote:
>
> > Have you ever tried the HTTP::Daemon package from cpan? It works at least,
> > but of course it's not sure that it satisfies the needs of such an
> > excellent program like curl... ;-)
>
> I'm scared of cpan. If you want just one piece out of it, you can bet there
> will be a thousand more clinging on to that one in a never-ending chain of
> dependencies...

*g* I know that... HTTP::Daemon depends on some other modules too:

    URI
    MIME-Base64
    HTML-Parser
    libnet
    Digest-MD5

and i cannot remeber if these have other dependencies agein...
HTTP::Daemon itself is part of the libwww-perl Package from Gisle Aas.

> Of course, I'd be happy to get proven wrong here.

I'm afraid not. :-( So it's probably not a very good solution, if a user
has to fill up his machine with perl modules, just for a test-server.

Bye,
Georg