curl-users

Re: need curl for RH 7.1

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:52:18 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Eric Wood wrote:

> I read the write-up at:
> http://www.unixreview.com/documents/s=1820/uni1011713175619/0201i.htm

Very nice article indeed. Welcome to project curl! ;-)

> I understand since PHP-4.0.2, I can hook into curl.

Yes, PHP4 ships with the ability to use curl functions. If built with that
feature enabled.

> This would be a great intoduction for me. I see that RH 7.2 has curl and
> PHP has a curl.so module loaded in the /etc/php.ini file. However, I'm
> having to stick to RH 7.1 for technical reasons, and RH 7.1 doesn't have
> curl.

I believe there's a curl package on a powertool CD or something.

> I have PHP 4.0.4 so you'd think I'd have it, but I don't.

Curl doesn't come bundled with PHP, it is a separate package and you have to
tell PHP to use the curl library when you (re-)build it.

> Can someone point me to a RH 7.1 compatible .rpm and proper config of the
> /etc/php.ini?

AFAIK, all the recent curl RPMs are "RH 7.1 compatible". You get can get a
nice set of download links on this URL:
http://curl.haxx.se/latest.cgi?curl=i386.rpm

(At the time of writing, there are no RPMs for curl 7.9.3)

For details on how to get PHP to use this and everything, I must direct you
to the relevant PHP documentation. I can also recommend joining the
curl-and-php mailing list, which is dedicated solely for questions such as
these. Subcribe to that mailing list here: