curl-users

Re: need curl for RH 7.1

From: tengel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:13:36 -0800

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 01:52:18PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I believe there's a curl package on a powertool CD or something.

Yeah, but it's hella old. I wouldn't recommend using it...

> > Can someone point me to a RH 7.1 compatible .rpm and proper config of the
> > /etc/php.ini?
>
> AFAIK, all the recent curl RPMs are "RH 7.1 compatible". You get can get a
> nice set of download links on this URL:

So far I haven't received any non-compatible reports, however if you want to be absolutely sure, you can rebuild the source on your RedHat 7.1 box in a few minutes. Download curl-7.9.2-1.src.rpm, and issue a "rpm --rebuild curl-7.9.2-1.src.rpm" (typically as root, but not required), and the resulting binaries will be in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/.

Please note you need the "-devel" packages of many tools (glibc-devel, openssl-devel, etc) in order to compile.

I'll be working on 7.9.3 RPMs as soon as I get a chance....

-te

--
Troy Engel
GPG KeyID: DF3D5207