curl-users

Re: runtests.pl change

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:10:41 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Georg Horn wrote:

> I have a small webserver written in C.

> I think it can easily be adapted to curls needs.

I took the initial code from Georg and adapted it slightly to work more like
how I imagine it should work:

        http://curl.haxx.se/dev/sws-0.2.tar.gz

If you unpack this in the tests/ directory and run the server in there, you
can actually get test-responses if you do like this:

 $ ./sws 8080 &
 $ curl localhost:8080/3

... were 3 is just a test number matching "../data/test[number]".

As the test server is still dead simple, it doesn't handle POSTs and it
doesn't deal with persistancy properly.

I appreciate all help to bring this forward. I plan on adding this to the CVS
soon. We also need to add portability stuff soon to make this compile and
build on more platforms.