curl-users

Re: debian sid, ipv6 and configure

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:01:34 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Domenico Andreoli wrote:

> > checking whether to enable ipv6... yes

> which is your distribution?

Let me show you:

$ telnet localhost
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

Storebror Linux What Hasn't Crashed Yet Soon Will
Kernel 2.4.16 on an i686
login:

:-) Seriously, this was once upon the time a redhat (6.0 or something I
believe) installation which I made around two years ago, but I've never liked
RPMs so I've more or less upgraded every single package there is from source
code. It is a patch-work distribution.

> /* is AF_INET6 available? */
> #include <sys/types.h>
> #include <sys/socket.h>
> main()
> {
> if (socket(AF_INET6, SOCK_STREAM, 0) < 0)
> exit(1);
> else
> exit(0);
> }
>
> configure:7896: result: no

What glibc are you using?

My setups are like this:

Not OK: ldd (GNU libc) 2.2.4
    OK: ldd (GNU libc) 2.1.2

Does anyone else here sit on another platform that is IPv6 enabled and can
try this?