curl-users

RE: Using cURL with PHP

From: Jay Blanchard <jay.blanchard_at_niicommunications.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 07:08:54 -0500

[snip]
A lot of PHP functions don't allow/support inline string
concatination/evaluation/manipulations/etc. Try breaking it out into two
steps:

<?php
 $listinfo_1="foo".$listline;
 $listinfo_2="bar".$listline;
 exec("curl -d blahblah -s -o $listinfo_1 $listinfo_2");
?>

fwiw,
-te
[/snip]

Over the past couple of days I have done many things to correct the cURL
problems I have had. I have solved issues like line breaks, gotten good
advice about concatenation, and in general have received lots of help. I
really appreciate it!

But (you knew there was going to be one, didn't you?!) when I run curl from
the command line, it works great. But when I try to run it in an exec()
function (PHP) it doesn't work. I had it working at one point but I cannot
get it to work consistently. Perhaps I am going to have to do some shell
scripting combined with the PHP. Any insight would be extremely valuable and
appreciated right now.

Thanks!

Jay