curl-users

Re: "RE: Problems compiling cURL 7.10.1 on Solaris 9."

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:29:41 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Gregory Noe wrote:

> Hi, I'm suffering the same problem, I think it compiles fine, but barfs
> when it tries to make the links... Did you or anyone else come up with a
> fix/workaround? I've spent days trying to figure this out. I'm still a
> newbie to unix/solaris (please, be gentle ;-) ), so any pointers would be
> much appreciated! If it helps, here's what I'm running: Solaris 9 64bit on
> an Ultraspac II, gcc-3.2 , binutils-2.11.2, libgcc-3.2, openssl-0.9.6g.
> All packages from Sunfreeware.

I have no answer or solution to your problems.

I just now unpacked the 7.10.3-pre6 package freshly on my Solaris 2.7 box,
compiled, built and installled it.

It worked just fine.

What do you mean with "barfs when it tries to make the links" ? What command
line is that? What did you enter to make it do that?