curl-users

RE: RE: ssl static libs for windows.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:04:00 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, shlomit lisser wrote:

> What puzzle me is that MSVC make file you are leting download, it was never
> tested? because it does suppose to link to openssl static libs. I'm talking
> about Makefile.vc6.

Are you not at all aware of the amount of platforms curl compiles, builds and
runs on?

Are you suggesting that I test them myself?

No, I rely on contributors to do most of the work. I test and use curl on all
possible platforms I have access to, but the rest just need to be fixed by
others.

Yes, this have the effect that at times some makefiles, some docs, some web
pages and some instructions are a bit old, not quite up-to-date and may not
work without some hands on fiddling. I am still convinced that in most cases,
files, docs etc are a lot better present 95% working than entirely left out
from the distribution.

Please, if you find errors, correct them and post your patches. That is the
only way we can keep this ship going!

Now, what exactly are you saying?