curl-users

Re: Relocation error on Solaris 9

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:16:10 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Fernando D. Mato Mira wrote:

> I've built curl 7.10.8 on Solaris 9 (Generic_112233-08) but when I try to
> execute I get the following error:
>
> ld.so.1: ./curl: fatal: relocation error: file ./curl: symbol
> curl_version_info: referenced symbol not found

It looks like you've built and installed curl, but when you run curl it loads
an older version of libcurl and thus can't find the curl_version_info
function.

Try 'ldd curl' to see what libs it uses, and make sure it uses the installed
7.10.8 version and no other.

--
 Daniel - been obfuscating curl source code since 1998.
 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]