curl-users

HTTP- post question...

From: Cyntech Solutions <cyntech_at_cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 12:03:35 -0600

Trying to simulate filling out this form http://memorymakersmagazine.com/projects/submit_project.asp, the following I know to be true:

1 of the form fields is a file
curl needs to follow redirects
curl needs to specify the referer as http://memorymakersmagazine.com/projects/submit_project.asp
The file 1.jpg exists in the current directory
(The post data below is just sample data(ie. user=foobar, etc. ) to make for a shorter email to this list.)

Reading the manual I assume it should look something like:

curl -L -e http://memorymakersmagazine.com/projects/submit_project. -F "userfile=@1.jpg" -F "user=foobar&pass=12345&id=blablabla&ding=submit" http://memorymakersmagazine.com/projects/submit_project.asp

Am I doing it right? Assuming that I send all of the correct post data, shouldn't this work? The form keeps redisplaying instead of giving me the success screen.

NH