curl-users

Re: Multiple file uploading, delay problems

From: Jari-Petteri Korkiakoski <jpk_at_stc.cx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:56:12 +0200 (EET)

> So, you get a 100 Continue" immediately and curl just sits waiting for 60
> seconds before it proceeds to actually send the data?

Yes, that seems to be the case.

> The reason for this can't be much else than a curl bug as I see it.
>
> > Something to do with the chunked-encoding that is used?
>
> Perhaps. Why are you enforcing chunked encoding at all?

The receiving end uses chunked encoding, so we should as well. Actually I
ran the command with trace enabled and it seems that the --header (or -H)
option is not working correctly, since in the trace it says it actually
tries to connect to a host named chunked :-). So consequently the
receiving server doesn't get the Transfer-Encoding header, which might
cause the server to wait for it for a certain period (in this case a
minute) before receiving the files.

Does the -H option have a certain place in the command string where it
should be located for it to work correctly or is this a bug?

> Would you be able to fire up a debugger to run this command line to see what
> some internals think?

I see if I can do that.

> I don't think we've changed anything in those parts since that release, but it
> would certainly feel safer if you could try 7.10.8 and see if the problems
> remain before we start to put any more efforts into debugging this.

Ok, I will compile the new version and try that out. I'll let you know how
it goes.

- Petteri