curl-users

Curl not closing control connection after request is completed?

From: David Fells <david_at_turningminds.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:10:15 -0600

OS: Cobalt Linux 6.0 (RaQ4)
cURL: curl 7.11.0 (i586-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.11.0 OpenSSL/0.9.7c
zlib/1.1.3

I'm issuing the following command:
'curl -m 10 -H "Connection: close" -d "<xml document in here>"
https://host.domain.com:port

I receive an XML document in reply as expected, but rather than
returning to a prompt, it sits indefinitely at a cursor. It will not
terminate until I hit ^C to break.

The command is to be executed via the exec() command in PHP. Since curl
never actually terminates, php just hits it's script timeout waiting on
it, and the script bites it. I then have to log into a terminal and kill
the process. For whatever reason, curl functions aren't working in PHP
on my server even though phpinfo reports that it was built with curl
support, and updating to a newer version of PHP on a raq4 is a nightmare
that I don't care to be involved with.

So, any suggestions on this would be appreciated.