curl-users

Re: about "-m" on windows systems

From: Sebastien WILLEMIJNS <vivil_at_alinto.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:13:54 +0100

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Sebastien WILLEMIJNS wrote:

> ... but i think for a similar function (by security) who stops
CURL after a
> "pre-defined time" sic !!! i'm not happy when CURL waits for
nothing since a long time :X

> There are work-arounds:
> 3. use a second task that kills the first curl process in case it
> runs too long

yep !!! it is the only solution :X

> In theory curl could possibly do that. But so far not a single
> person has been able to provide a working way that makes this
> happen. Sorry. We're just not good enough! ;-)

read PAVUK sources, this function is implemented :)
- max_time $nr
Set maximal amount of time for program run. After time is exeeded,
pavuk will stop downloading. Time is specified in minutes. Default
value is 0, and it means downloading time is not limited.

Sébastien WILLEMIJNS
sebastien_at_willemijns.com