curl-users

FTP command problem

From: Ken Shmidheiser <kshmidheiser_at_alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:59:24 -0500

I am trying to upload a file via FTP with cURL (Mac OS X 10.3.2
Terminal) and have hit the wall. I have no trouble getting to the
site with other FTP utilities, but just can't seem to get cURL to
work for me.

To log onto the server in another utility, I can plug in:

ftp://userName:password@ftp.myDomain.com/directory/subdirectory/

and see the subdirectory contents just fine.

In attempting to use cURL to upload a file named "test.txt", residing
in my Desktop directory, to the FTP subdirectory, I have checked the
examples here:

http://curl.haxx.se/docs/readme.curl.html

which suggested:

USING PASSWORDS

FTP

To ftp files using name+passwd, include them in the URL like:

curl ftp://name:passwd@machine.domain:port/full/path/to/file

or specify them with the -u flag like

curl -u name:passwd ftp://machine.domain:port/full/path/to/file

Using those suggestions, I styled my command line-- without success--
several ways including the following:

curl -T
ftp://userName:password@ftp.myDomain.com/directory/subdirectory/
~/Desktop/test.txt

curl -T -u userName:password
ftp://myDomain.com/directory/subdirectory/ ~/Desktop/test.txt

curl -T -u userName:password ftp.myDomain.com/directory/subdirectory/
~/Desktop/test.txt

curl -T -u userName:password
ftp://myDomain.com//directory/subdirectory/ ~/Desktop/test.txt

curl -T -u userName:password
ftp.myDomain.com//directory/subdirectory/ ~/Desktop/test.txt

Every one these generates a server error message.

Will someone take pity on this poor soul and show me the error of my ways?

Best,

Ken