curl-users

Re: posting data with first url only

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:36:17 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Peter C. McCluskey wrote:

> I'm submitting patches to add an option to have -d data applied only to the
> first url, and to use GET for subsequent urls. I seemed to need this to
> handle a site which has a nonstandard login requirement.

Thanks!

I don't think that is so "nonstandard". Just that most people do that
operation using two command lines... :-)

I can't but to think that this patch would lead to people wanting a
--data-second too etc. Can we work out a way to specify 'data' strings on a
per-URL basis somehow more genericly than this?