curl-users

Re: curl-config

From: todd <toddf_at_simosoftware.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 13:45:51 -0400

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Todd Fisher wrote:
>
>> would people be open to using pkg-config in favor of curl-config?
>

> I could very well see us supporting both, at least for a while.
>
>> Or alternatively, is it possible to use something equivelant with
>> curl-config such as --msvc-syntax.
>

> I don't understand. What would curl-config --msvc-syntax show?

currently, curl-config --libs prints something like:

$ curl-config --libs
$ -L/usr/lib -lcurl -L/usr/kerberos/lib -lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5
-lkrb5 -lcom_err -lk5crypto -lresolv -ldl -lz -L/usr/kerberos/lib -lssl
-lcrypto -lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lcom_err -lk5crypto
-lresolv -ldl -lz -lz

in order to use this output with msvc you would need to something more like:

$ pkg-config glib-2.0 --msvc-syntax
$ /libpath:C:\usr\lib libglib-2.0.lib libintl.lib libiconv.lib

this makes it very nice for cygwin users who would like to write gnu
style makefiles but also use the native compilier.

-todd

Simo Software