curl-users

Re: Delete remote file

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 07:42:52 +0200

Derek Goring wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I use command line cURL and I'd like to retrieve a
> mailbox by ftp, then delete it. I can't find this
> facility in the manual, nor in the archives. Can it
> be done?

 From the curl man page:

-Q/--quote <command>

(FTP) Send an arbitrary command to the remote FTP server, by using the
QUOTE command of the server. Not all servers support this command, and
the set of QUOTE commands are server specific! Quote commands are sent
BEFORE the transfer is taking place. To make commands take place after a
successful transfer, prefix them with a dash '-'. You may specify any
amount of commands to be run before and after the transfer. If the
server returns failure for one of the commands, the entire operation
will be aborted.

This option can be used multiple times.

Linus