curl-users

Re: capturing octet streams - unknown MIME types

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 10:22:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Upuaut wrote:

> The site I'm trying to wget or cURL does in fact use cookies (2 of them),
> alas even when I reject the cookies in the browser in any combination or
> allow them in any combo, the download proceeds. So my guess is the cookies
> do not govern the download.

Then both curl and wget should have no problems.

> I think my problem is how to wget/cURL an application/unknown stream.

curl download what you tell it to, no matter what the contents is or what the
server claims the Content-Type is. It doesn't check it, and it doesn't care.

I think you need to go back and do this by the book:

1. Read this: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html
2. figure out what your server does
3. mimic that as closely as possible with your chosen tool