curl-users

RE: HTTP Support Disabled

From: <ray.hauge_at_americanstudentloan.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:16:36 -0700

I agree, it's very strange. Here is the output:

rhauge_at_ray:~$ curl -V
curl 7.15.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.12.2 zlib/1.2.3
Protocols: ftp
Features: IPv6 Largefile libz

It appears obvious that only FTP is supported at the moment. It's a
strange occurance given my configure output though.

Okay, something very strange here. I just tried running the locally
made curl binary (in the src directory), and it looks fine using that
binary instead of the one I used when running "make install". Here's
the output of curl -V from that:

rhauge_at_ray:~/downloads/curl-7.15.2/src$ ./curl -V
curl 7.15.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.15.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8a zlib/1.2.3
libidn/0.5.17
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: IDN Largefile NTLM SSL libz

I also verified that it can access HTTP pages from that binary. I also
verified that curl was installed in /usr instead of /usr/local.

I just copied that binary over the system binary, and now curl is
working just fine. I don't know what happened there, but installing
the compiled source didn't work correctly. Thanks to everyone for the
help. Any sort of explanation as to how to keep this from happening in
the future would be great though.

Thanks,
Ray