curl-users

Re: curl tool to multi-interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:06:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Alexander Lazic wrote:

> There are many improvments if we can use the multi-interface for the tool
> for example:
>
> curl ...{a1,a2}....[b1,b2]
> curl -OO url1 url2
>
> curl then makes two easy-handler and download it parallel ;-)

Oh yes. Not to mention upload and download in parallell. Perhaps the biggest
usage issue is that when one of transfers fail for some reason, it isn't that
easy to display that or which transfer that failed.

And the progress meter would need some imaginative approach to be really nice
when you transfer N files simultanously.

Lots of room for people to step forward and offer some patches! ;-)

> One Point would be also nice to make some Variables available for the
> previous step for a minimalistic Scripting ;-)

How do you mean?