curl-users

Re: more finegrained timeouts?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:24:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Manfred Schwarb wrote:

> You see my problem. I'd like to cancel such downloads (I have seen values up
> to 300 seconds for time_pretransfer!), but --connect-timeout does not help
> in this case. And --speed-limit or --max-time is not appropriate either.

Well, to cover for a 300 pretransfer and a 100 second transfer, you could do a
--max-time at 400...

> Is it possible to add something like --pretransfer-timeout ? Or are there
> other possiblities to kill the download in this case?

I've been reluctant to add more timeout settings since we already have a wide
selection (connect, max-time and the speed limit), but I'm always open for
reasoning.

Why isn't the --max-time enough for you for such extreme cases of delays?