curl-users

Re: Problem with configure on solaris 5.8 of curl 7.15.4

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:52:08 -0700

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 01:03:36PM -0700, Deepesh Damodaran wrote:
> This is the first time we are using LIBURL. So couldn't interpret your response clearly.
> >From where do I check 'libgnutls-config --version' & 'pkg-config --modversion openssl'.

These are commands that you can run from the command shell. They're used
in configure to determine the location of SSL libraries.

> I confirmed that the paths /vobs/sdm/thirdparty/openssl-0.9.7c/src_dynamic/lib and
> /vobs/sdm/thirdparty/openssl-0.9.7c/src_dynamic/include are there.

Then it sounds like a regular OpenSSL installation. You'll need to do some
more investigation of configure to find out why it's not picking it up.
I sometimes edit configure to put 'set -x' & 'set +x' around sections of
particular interest to see exactly what is happening in the script, if
config.log doesn't give me enough info.

>>> Dan