curl-users

Help with SSL certificates for FTP please...

From: Randall Williams <randall.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:56:31 -0500

Hi All,

I am VERY new to using certificates and cURL in general. I am attempting to
use cURL to send files via FTP using SSL.

Our command is as follows:

curl -T "<path to the file we're sending>" -u xxxxxx:yyyyyyy
ftp://ouruploadsite.com/ --ftp-ssl-reqd --cacert <"path to customer supplied
certificate.pem"> --verbose

(we're using verbose for logging)

Our issue seems to be related to the certificate, as if we send using FTP
without SSL, the transmission goes fine.

We were provided a certificate in .cer format. We used OPENSSL to convert
the certificate to .PEM. As you can see above, we are using the --cacert
command to point to the .pem certificate we created.

The error we are receiving is curl (35) error:0D0680A8:asn1 encoding
routines:ASN1_CHECK_TLEN:wrong tag.

We haven't gotten very far with google, and I'm hoping someone smarter than
me can help, :-)

The handshake looks like:

== Info: SSLv2, Client hello (1):
=> Send SSL data, 130 bytes (0x82)
== Info: SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server hello (2):
<= Recv SSL data, 74 bytes (0x4a)
== Info: SSLv3, TLS handshake, CERT (11):
<= Recv SSL data, 2641 bytes (0xa51)
== Info: SSLv3, TLS alert, Server hello (2):
=> Send SSL data, 2 bytes (0x2)
0000: .0
== Info: error:0D0680A8:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_CHECK_TLEN:wrong tag
== Info: Closing connection #0

Any help from anyone would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Randall