curl-users

Re: Internationalizing curl

From: Alessandro Vesely <vesely_at_tana.it>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 13:58:27 +0200

Dan Fandrich wrote:

> There's also the question of how much gets translated. Translating the
> output of --help and the error messages would be a minimum, translating
> the output of --verbose would be next,

I'm not sure a translated --verbose output is much useful.

Official protocols, e.g. rfc2616, are written in English,
and those who cannot read them possibly won't get much
benefit from the translated output either.

Also, in case of problems, posts to this list are English
and quoting translated output may be misleading. Ditto for
googling for it.