curl-users

Re: [PATH] --data-urlencode

From: Bart Stigall <bart_at_dailydata.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:12:21 -0600

> The 'name' part is not encoded, only the content part (which can be
> loaded from a file). Will we need any further tweaks, like allowing
> the entire given string to be encoded in case someone wants to post
> something that isn't in "name=var" style?

My last project where I had to handle url encode myself I had to also
encode name. I'm not sure if what I did is the same as encoding the
whole string. For example I had names like
ctl00$MainContent$UpdatePanel1|ctl00$MainContent$btnSearchDocType
It actually took me while to figure out name needed to be encoded. In
my case I just replaced the $'s and encoded the data.