curl-users

I cannot log on !

From: Jean Marie COUPRIE <abies20_at_neuf.fr>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:14:46 +0100

Sorry for the format but my thunderbird truncate the text after message
1 when I try to answer but not when I transfer ...
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:54:23 +0100
From: Jean Marie COUPRIE <abies20_at_neuf.fr>

When I log using firefox + liveHTTPHeaders, no problem, I find in the
post part of the log something like "name=my_name&passw=my_pass".

In my script I have defined 2 post fields
name=my_name
passw=my_pass
as usual without & ...

When I run my script (that does not log : I do not receive the right
page) with the verbose option, I see in the post part :
"&name=my_name&passw=my_pass" (with a & added as the first character)...

In the source of the page before logging in the post form I have 3
"input" : name, passw and
<input class="ok" type="submit" value="" />
There are 2 fields to fill and an ok button to click on the screen.
I have tried to add a third post field 'submit=ok' but this does not help.

The application seems to use PHP.

What is wrong ?

------------------------------

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Jean Marie COUPRIE wrote:
> I have tried to add a third post field 'submit=ok' but this does not help.

You probably need to handle cookies as well.

Linus

------------------------------

Sorry for the bad information : I was logged on !

I have been fooled by the application and Curl :
With Curl I received after logon request only 1 line (less than 100
characters) that was obviously not the screen I saw with Firefox and
that I was expecting.
To see where I was in the application I asked the next screen with Curl
and discovered the normal screen with the welcome to my user name in it!
I assume that the application send first a very short answer that is the
only one detected by Curl then a second message, soon after, that I see
with Firefox when I do the dialog manually...

Please add in the Man page of Curl (in big characters) a warning saying
that if the application send several messages to answer 1 Curl request,
Curl see (and give to the user) only the first one that may be very
different from what a browser see.
Is it possible to give to the user all the messages received before a
time-out with separators between them ?

An other problem that I have found, but it may be particular to the Rexx
port that I use, Curl keep the information that it has to post and post
in the requests following the normal post request. I had to reset the
post option. Is this a bug to report to the author of the Rexx port ?