curl-users

Re: FTP keep alive connection

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 20:30:13 +0100

I don't know how this should properly be fixed, so if someone else can
help with this it would be nice.

Right now we have this code effective in the curl tool:

http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/src/main.c.diff?r1=1.435&r2=1.437

And it is causing some trouble on the TFTP tests. Specifically at
least on cygwin and on AIX 5.1 autobuilds.

The problem is that SO_KEEPALIVE is not supported by the underlying
protocol. This makes connection attempt using curl to fail when trying
to verify the tftpd server in the test harness.

My hack at fixing this would be the attached patch. But I'm feeling
that there might be better options to fix this.

After all. Wasn't the above mentioned diff only intended to keep open
the ftp control connection for very long file transfers ? Isn't it
right now affecting all protocols ?

--
-=[Yang]=-