curl-users

Re: Build Errors

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:30:36 -0700

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 02:02:52PM -0400, insaini wrote:
> I am trying to install the latest version
> 7.0.18

7.18.0 I assume, which is the latest released version.

> Although I am trying to build the Redhat source rpm on CentOS 4 ..
>
> Would that be the problem ? the latest version for CentOS 4 is 7.12.xx but
> I am having an issue with SSL sessions not being retrieved into the cookie
> file .. I read a posting of a fix by an individual back in october 2007 I
> believe.. so I guess its been updated since..

I doubt Red Hat made an incompatible change that would prevent it from
compiling on CentOS 4.

> > Will not run ssh server as root to mitigate security risks
> >
> > RUN: failed to start the SSH server

I thought the test system was changed to allow running under root, but I
could be wrong. In any case, you can ignore this (it doesn't make the tests
fail) or better yet, don't compile your RPM as root!

> > test 1013...Mismatch in protocols lists:
> >
> > curl: dict file ftp ftps http https scp sftp telnet tftp
> >
> > curl-config: dict file ftp ftps http https ldaps scp sftp telnet tftp
> >
> > postcheck FAILED

Since you're using the latest release, it looks like there could still
be a curl bug here that only shows up in your configuration. What does
the %configure command line look like in your .spec file? What LDAP
packages do you have installed on your system (i.e. what's the output of
'grep -i ldap /var/log/rpmpkgs')? What's the output of
'grep LDAP /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/curl-7.18.0/lib/config.h' (or wherever
your RPM builddir is) after a failed RPM build?

>>> Dan