curl-users

Crashes with multithreaded libcurl and SSL redirects

From: Job 317 <job317_at_mailvault.com>
Date: Wed Jul 16 15:59:31 2008

This is a MIME encoded message.

--=_d499450bf059d669887bae60487ca97c

Hi list,

I have a multithreaded app using libcurl. Occasionally I ge a link that
redirects to an SSL/https link. This, of course, causes problems because
the app currently is not built with multi-threaded openssl support which
is what I'm working to solve.

My question, since the URL(s) don't start off being https:// in most
cases, host do I effectively use libcurl to properly handle SSL
redirects without crashing due to the mishandling of SSL in my case?

Note: I need to support redirects so I have the following settings for
this currently:

curl_easy_setopt (curl, CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS, (long)5);
curl_easy_setopt (curl, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, TRUE);

Opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
--=_d499450bf059d669887bae60487ca97c