curl-users

suppress multipart response when retrieving non-overlapping range from file

From: Michael Schreiber <michael.a.schreiber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 23:45:20 -0400

Hi All,
Is there a method for suppressing the multi-part response when
grabbing a non-overlapping range from a file?

i.e.: When running the following command:
curl -f -s -r "100-200,340-480,500-600" $url -o $OUTDIR/$file.tmp

By default (and according to the man page), I receive multi-part
messages which include a header about the Content-type, the charset
and the Content-range. I really don't need this, and it's a pain when
I'm downloading parts of a binary file, and so I would need to find a
way to strip this out. Any suggestions/recommendations/ways to
suppress the multi-part response? I really only want the merged pieces
of the file, nothing else.

Thanks!