curl-users

Re: FTP Download Problem - code 78

From: Fred Machado <fmmach_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:46:21 -0200

2008/12/8 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>

> On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Fred Machado wrote:
>
> curl -u name:passwd ftp://ftpserver.com.br/manual.txt
>>
>> However, I get the following exit code:
>> curl: (78) Remote file not found
>>

> I'd say a first idea is to use -v to get to see the full command sequence
> curl uses, and then it certainly looks as if the server doesn't think the
> file is there for you to retrieve while the directory listing shows it. I'm
> not sure there's anything curl can do about that.
>
> Can you get it fine from that dir with another ftp client?
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se
> <http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html>

Thanks for your answer Daniel,

Actually, I uploaded the file myself using FileZilla client. I can retrieve
the file using FileZilla, yes. This is a test that I am running in a server
located in the same network. I ran the command with the option -v and this
is what I got:

<<CONNECTION SETUP CONVERSATION>>
* Connecting to 192.168.11.34 (192.168.11.34) port 36133
> TYPE I
< 200 Type set to I.
> SIZE manual.txt
< 550 Operation is not supported under Connect:Enterprise FTP server.
* Remembering we are in dir ""
* Connection #0 to host ftpserver.com.br left intact
* Remote file not found
curl: (78) Remote file not found
> QUIT
< 221 Goodbye.
* Closing connection #0

It seems to me that the server does not suppot the FTP command SIZE. Does
cURL conclude that the remote file couldn't be found based on return code
550? Is there an option to prevent cURL to use SIZE?

Once more,
Thanks!