curl-users

Re: Proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 15:38:24 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009, Michel RIGAUD wrote:

> On the first connection to the proxy, do I need to indicate the url of the
> web site I want to access ? I am asking that because in the first syntax you
> are saying "curl -v -x proxy:port [url]" by [url] you mean which URL ?

curl always requires a url for every command, so yes you do.

> Once I detected which auth method to use and I connected once with :
> curl -U user:password -x proxy:port
> --proxy-[digest/basic/negotiate/ntlm/any] [URL]
> do I need to repeat user:password at every request or is there a way tell
> the proxy I already connected?

You aren't "already connected", as each curl invoke will connect and
disconnect again so yes you do need to provide -U and --proxy* options on
every subsequent curl command. You can of course script it or use a .curlrc or
similar.

(And please avoid top-posting.)