curl-users

Install problem

From: Benjamin Endré Larsen <b.e.larsen_at_farmasi.uio.no>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:20:49 +0100 (CET)

Hi

I am a total newbie to curl, but got a recommendation to use it for some
automated web-based searches.

I am installing under cygwin, with which I also have no experience.

When trying to initialize installation as described in the curl
documentation package, I type

./configure

while the Cygwin bash shell prompt is in the curl directory. It does some
checks but halts on the following error:

checking for ar... no
configure: error: ar not found in PATH. Cannot continue without ar.

I have tried googling for these phrases, but I haven't found any answers
to my questions. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards
Benjamin