curl-users

Want to dump telemetry to a file....

From: Andrew Wallo <walloa_at_franklinestatescompany.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:42:55 -0500

(Windows Version) (Cmdline Question)
Trying to dump the nice dataline....

<< % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
<< 100 5925k 0 5925k 0 0 42643 0 --:--:-- 0:02:22 --:--:-- 44833

To a file, or another ouput.... and I can't get it to happen. Something about Curl using its output stream to handle both the file download and the report to the cmd line...and it turning it off during each task or something.... which makes no sense because it updates through the dnld process. The information is under the help topic [ -o filename.txt ] ( Also makes no sense ) Because -o is the switch for the local-target-name of the file that your downloading. Don't know why that affects my output to the cmd line... or why I can't pipe the results of the entire cmd line to a file with
"> downloadtelemetry.txt"

( That results in me getting a successful download of filename.txt and an empty telemetry file. )

Any advice to route telemetry to a file, or to capture it somehow.

Thx.