curl-users

Re: Patch for Metalink Support

From: Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 23:54:34 +0900

Hi,

Finally, I created 2nd patch.
I tried to put metalink functions in a separate file, but many
convenient functions and struct is defined in static in main.c(are there
any plan to make these functions non-static?), in this patch, sorry but
I put all metalink functions in main.c. The actual metalink download
code is separated from the original function(operate function), making
the existing code as unchanged as possible.

The metalink download function is called operatemetalink, which I
modified operate function to suit Metalink transfer and removed some
elements: file upload, url globbing.

In Metalink download, I choose file[@name] attribute in Metalink XML as
the default filename. In this patch, the default behavior is dump
received data to stdout. If --remote-name-all is specified, the above
mentioned file[@name] attribute is used as a filename. I admit that the
reusing the --remote-name-all option is wrong here, the new dedicated
option has to be added for this purpose.

To specify Metalink, use --metalink option. You can use this option more
than once to specify more than one metalink file. The modified curl
downloads files in metalink sequentially.

For example, to download openSUSE DVD, after downloading its metalink
file, issue the following command:

curl --remote-name-all -C - -f -l --connect-timeout 10 --metalink
openSUSE-11.1-DVD-i586.iso.metalink

Best regards,

Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa