curl-users

Re: libcurlnet: meaning of CURL_OK value after Perform()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 00:28:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, AMBROSINI Marco wrote:

> I'm using curl-7.19.4 (win 32) - libcurlnet-1_3 in my .net application
> and I have just few stupid questions...

You're probably better off asking libcurl-stuff on the curl-library list. Even
if I think you won't find many libcurlnet users on any of the lists...

> 1) When I call a command, does Curl close every time the connection with the
> FTP server (quit)?

libcurl doesn't, no. Your binding may.

> 2) When I got the CURL_OK value for the CURLCode of a Perform() method,
> what does it mean? I tried to delete a file and I got CURL_OK, but the
> file is still there. Probably I have no rights to delete, but I expected
> to get an error.

Me too, but the lack of details makes it impossible to tell anything further.

> 3) If during an upload or download the network is down, CURLCode is
> different from CURL_OK, isn't it? For me it's important to know if a file
> has been received or sent completely.

It depends. You probably need to use a timeout of some sorts.

> 4) Are the delete and update commands available even if a http proxy is
> used? Also without setting CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL = true?

"delete and update commands" ?