curl-users

Re: Need help in using libcurl.m4

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 23:48:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Amit Kumar wrote:

First, we libcurl users/hackers tend to hang out on the curl-library list, so
we should take this and further libcurl related issue over to that list
instead...

Next, I would recommend you to use AM_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h]) or similar, to
generate a header file from the configure run. If you do this, you want to run
autoheader too (that creates a config.h.in template).

> Do I need to copy the libcurl.m4 file somewhere in my application directory?

Yes you do. aclocal + autoconf will make us of it then when you use the
LIBCURL_CHECK_CONFIG function.

> What am I missing? Please guide me.

You should note that LIBCURL_CHECK_CONFIG doesn't store the info about where
libcurl is found, so when you write your link option in Makefile.am you can't
use a path from the configure run.

It seems like a room for improvement of the libcurl.m4 function, in case
someone would feel bored enough some day! ;-)

I made a test app just now work fine with two created files like this:

---- configure.ac ----
AC_INIT(curl-app, 1.0, bugreport_at_example.com)

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(curl-app, 1.0)

AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([curl-app.c])
AM_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])

AC_PROG_CC