curl-users

Re: libcurl 7.20.1 works on WinXP, Vista & Win7 or not?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 21:31:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Technical Queries wrote:

First, please note that you're asking about libcurl and we have a dedicated
mailing list for libcurl-related talk, questions and discussions over at
curl-library and I strongly urge you to take your queries over there instead.

> But it is consistently failing on Windows Vista (32) and Windows 7 (32 bit
> )machines. So is there anything I have to set options in libcurl to work
> fine on these machines also?

No. curl and libcurl build and run on each of those operating systems, but you
need to make sure that you build it for the lowest common denominator as
libcurl will take advantage of some Vista features if you build for that or
later.

> Errors I am getting are 1.  "Connection Error" [ CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_PROXY
> (5) ,OR CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST (6) OR CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT (7) ]   2.
> Communication Failure [ CURLE_SEND_ERROR CURLE_RECV_ERROR

That sounds like problems in your network or environments.