curl-users

Re: Compilation and POST issue with CURL 7.21.3

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:51:38 -0800

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:03:19AM +0530, darshan.mody_at_wipro.com wrote:
> I am trying to merge my application with the libcurl. I have been using libcurl
> and need to upgrade the app to the latest libcurl. I am statically linking the
> app to the curl library.

libcurl questions should really go to the curl-library list.

> I find an issue with the compilation of the libcurl for the ssluse.c in the
> cert_stuff method line 328. I modified the same to the following
>
> size_t len = strlen(data->set.str[STRING_KEY_PASSWD]);
> if(len < sizeof(global_passwd))
> memcpy(global_passwd, data->set.str[STRING_KEY_PASSWD], len+1);
>
> From
>
> size_t len = strlen(data->set.key_passwd);
> if(len < sizeof(global_passwd))
> memcpy(global_passwd, data->set.key_passwd, len+1);
>
> Kindly let me know that if the above piece of code is correct or not.

It looks like this block of code was missed when parameter string copying was
added some time ago, and nobody has hit it yet. This is the correct
patch--I'll check it in to git shortly.

> Also I am finding issue with the post operation. I am trying to send soap
> message XML data in the body. However the data is not inscribed in the message
> at all. I am using option CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS. I verified at my end whether the
> application is setting the data correctly or not.

"Inscribed"? Can you show us how your app is setting the data?

>>> Dan