curl-users

RE: Solaris 10 using Curl to connect to FTPES (SSL/TLS Explicit)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 16:37:22 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011, Andy Ee wrote:

> As per log below, the FTP failed at when it tried to connect to port 35026.
> Is there a way we can define the port to connect to, because the FTP server
> only runs passive ports from 30000 - 32000.

-P enables active mode though, so your servers passive ports are of no
relevance here. Perhaps this also suggests that there still is something in
between your hosts that breaks this...

-P makes the server connect back to the client on the port number the client
tells it.

And yes, you can specify port number range with -P as documented:
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html#-P--ftp-port

"-P -:3000-32000", but again these are not ports on the server, they are on
the client side.

>> EPRT |1|192.168.0.112|35026|

The client grabbed a random unused port number...

> < 425 Could not open data connection to port 35026: Connection refused

... but the server couldn't connect to it!