curl-users

cURL script help

From: Michael Herbig <mikeherbig_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:41:13 -0500

Hello folks,

I'm having an issue with a simple curl script, and maybe someone can help.

I'm trying to download customer comments to products on my site generated
from a rating service, called RateVoice. An example of the service is here
(this is not my site, just an example):

http://www.edgeangling.com/Daiwa-SW4000-B.html

These reviews are housed on a separate server (RateVoice's), and do not
appear when I attempt to curl the page, I believe because they are generated
dynamically via a javascript script.

My goal is to download all customer comments, strip away the extraneous
text, and parse the fields into a .csv file. This is further complicated by
the fact that there can be multiple pages of comments (via the "next" and
"back" links), but just getting curl/wget to get the data would be a good
start.

Is there a different way I can scrape this information via curl or something
else?

Thanks for your help,

Mike