curl-users

curl doesn't download full jar and doesn't fail despite --fail

From: Gabriele Kahlout <gabriele_at_mysimpatico.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 15:46:20 +0200

Hello,

This TESTDRIVE<http://sourceforge.net/projects/dp4j/files/1.2-SNAPSHOT/TESTDRIVE/download>script
executes
$ curl -O --fail -L
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/dp4j/$v/$jar_file

However, comparing sizes the downloaded jar is invalid. However --fail
didn't complain. What should I do? Should it be just expected that from time
to time curl won't download the complete jar and I must retry and rely on
md5sum et al. to repeat the process, or is there a way to debug this?

Thank you

--
Regards,
K. Gabriele