curl-users

Re: curl with spnego?

From: Richard Silverman <res_at_qoxp.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 08:09:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011, Emil Assarsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For some years ago I tested the kerberos negotiation support agains
> our intranet witch is based on IIS. It worked fine then. I think I was
> using Ubuntu Intrepid in those days.
>
> I tried this now but I can't get it to work. It tries to send a ticket
> to the server but it gets rejected. I suspect that the server wants to
> have a SPNEGO ticket instead of the GSS ticket.

This may not be the problem; I have no trouble using "curl --negotiate" against an IIS server. I suggest you examine the HTTP traffic with Wireshark. It can decode the HTTP Negotiate headers down through GSSAPI to Kerberos, and perhaps reveal what's going on -- likely in the response code in the Kerberos AP_REP message returned from the server.

- Richard Silverman
   res_at_qoxp.net