curl-users

Help with ftp-ssl

From: Chris Howard <chris_at_elfpen.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:17:44 -0500

I am new to curl.

I have administrative responsibilities over an HP-UX server and I've
been told
to implement an automated upload using FTPS of some business data to a
partner organization.

After looking around I found curl (v7.19.6) in the HP-UX internet
software bundle.

The HP-UX machine is behind a firewall. So, to test things I used my home
Linux machine running Fedora (14?) and was able to connect to the target
server using curl (v ??)

Now I am trying the same connection from the HP-UX machine. I had the
network
gurus adjust the firewall so that I could get out.

I now get this result:

curl -k -v -u username:password --ftp-ssl ftp://<ip address>
* About to connect() to <ip address> port 21 (#0)
* Trying <ip address>... connected
* Connected to <ip address>(<ip address>) port 21 (#0)
< 220 Microsoft FTP Service
> AUTH SSL
* Send failure: Broken pipe
* Closing connection #0
curl: (55) Send failure: Broken pipe

Is this some further firewall adjustment that needs to be made?
I don't know how to proceed from here.

Chris