curl-users

Beginners qustion about -L and -O

From: Sutherland, Paul <Paul.Sutherland_at_ccc.govt.nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:09:40 +1200

Hi

I wish to download a number of files.

The URLs I have redirect to a new location with no relationship to the
filename I wish to use/save as (although it was in the original URL)
(so I use -L)

The files need to be renamed
(So I use -O / output = )

And I wish to have the URLs in a config file
An extract of the config file I have used is below It seems to be
getting the filenames mixed up - I have tried reorering the element -
but get nowhere...

### Sample from config
url =
"http://www.pressdisplay.com/advertising/showimage.aspx?cid=1126&type=th
umb180"
output = "NZHerald.jpg"
-L
url =
"http://www.pressdisplay.com/advertising/showimage.aspx?cid=7128&type=th
umb180"
output = "Zest.jpg"
-L
url =
"http://www.pressdisplay.com/advertising/showimage.aspx?cid=6374&type=th
umb180"
output = "pilot.jpg"
### end sample

I am not an expert in any of this stuff but usually manage to get things
going - but this has stumpred me

Any thoughts

Thanks

Paul

I am using Curl on win32 but I don't think that is the issue
(curl-7.19.6-ssl-sspi-zlib-static-bin-w32).

Paul Sutherland
Christchurch City Libraries
Christchurch
New Zealand

christchurchcitylibraries.com

This electronic email and any files transmitted with it are intended

The views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Christchurch City Council.

If you are not the correct recipient of this email please advise the
sender and delete.

Christchurch City Council
http://www.ccc.govt.nz